The LaGuardia Community College Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. To learn how charitable gifts can help students change their lives,
go to laguardia.edu/donors.
You’re determined to graduate. We can reduce your financial burden.
Each year, we award students over $2 million in Foundation Scholarships based on financial need and/or academic performance.
Foundation Student Support
To receive a Foundation Scholarship, you must:
- Be a full-time LaGuardia student (taking 12 or more credits or equivalent)
- Be of any residency status
Be in good academic standing with a 2.0 GPA and above
- Students with GPA of 2.0 to 4.0 will be reviewed for a scholarship award upon enrollment, based on eligibility and available funding (submission of a scholarship application is no longer required)
- Students with GPA of 3.0 and above are encouraged to submit a scholarship application (scroll down to Apply Now) where an interview will be required
How do I apply for a Named Scholarship?
We award Named Scholarships, funded by generous donors, each Fall and Spring semester to eligible students. Students with 3.0 and above are encouraged to apply. After confirming your eligibility as listed above, you will need to:
- Complete a FAFSA or email a Needs Assessment Form to email@example.com
- A personal statement (minimum 200 words) is required expressing:
- Career Goals
*Please note that your online application cannot be saved, so please have your personal statement ready to include with your application. see our winning tips!
- Submit your application
Applicants must have a GPA of 3.0 and above AND have completed 12 academic credits to apply; if your current GPA is below 3.0, you may apply in the next semester. If you have a more immediate financial need, please submit a request for Emergency Financial Aid.