The Grants & Sponsored Programs team at LaGuardia Community College guides and supports faculty and staff in securing and managing external funding to promote the strategic goals and priorities of the college and its individual programs.
Proposal Development Questionnaire
Completing LaGuardia’s Proposal Development Questionnaire (PDQ) is the first step in submitting a proposal through the college to an external (non-CUNY) sponsor. The PDQ contains critical information that enables departmental and divisional leadership to review and approve the development of a proposed project.
Please complete the fillable form below and, per the instructions within, share with the Grants & Sponsored Programs team as soon as possible in the proposal development process.
Resources for Grantseekers
- Grants.gov A searchable database of recent federal grant funding opportunities. Browse by keyword, category, or agency.
- GrantForward An online search engine that provides information to faculty and researchers on upcoming external grant funding opportunities.
- PIVOT Provides information on a wide range of funding opportunities as well as potential collaborators.
Grants Management Support
Faculty and staff who receive awards will work with a grants and sponsored programs specialist who will provide grant management support, such as:
- Coordinating with RFCUNY on account setup
- Reviewing and signing requests for Forward Funding
- Helping liaise with the sponsor and RFCUNY on post-award grant activities
- Advising on personnel hiring/appointment and OTPS transactions
- Providing guidance on budgetary matters to ensure compliance
The following are helpful links for PIs on various topics related to grant management:
- Post-award Management and Oversight (CUNY)
- Award Management (RF)
- Policies and Procedures (RF)
- Employee Hiring and Management (RF)
- Employee Time Off and Annual Leave (RF)
- Procurement of Goods and Services (RF)
RFCUNY Office of Award Pre-Proposal Support
RFCUNY offers CUNY faculty and staff assistance in identifying and obtaining extramural funding to support their research, education, training, curriculum development and other related activities. One-on-one proposal consultations, grant-writing workshops and related webinars are available through RFCUNY’s Office of Award Pre-Proposal Support (APPS). For more information, click here.
- Laura Bartovics
Executive Director of Development
- Tannie Tung
Associate Director, Grants Administration
- Carrie Fox
Grants Development Director
- Savitree (Sandra) Ramnaryan
- Nancy Paredes
Grants and Contracts Specialist
- Shary Stamers
CUNY Administrative Assistant
- Jessica Zeichner-Saca
Executive Associate for Grants Administration
- Randi Nieves
Executive Associate for Grants Development