After You Apply
We’re so glad you’ve applied to LaGuardia Community College, and you’ll be hearing more from us soon! Here are some things you can do while you wait to be admitted.
Watch your Email
Keep checking your email (including your spam folder) for updates from CUNY and LaGuardia.
Verify that your email address is correct.
- Log into your CUNYfirst account and click on “Student Center.”
- Click on the drop-down menu in the Personal Information section and select “Email Addresses.”
Apply for Financial Aid
You don’t have to break the bank to invest in your future. Here’s where to start:
Don’t wait until you’re accepted – submit your Federal Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and New York State TAP. Apply for both through the FAFSA application.
Applicants Get Extra Help Paying for College
- LaGuardia CARES can help with daily living expenses.
- ASAP provides a free MetroCard, a voucher for textbooks and fees, and more.
- College Discovery offers financial aid and assistance with other expenses.
- Your College ID gives you free access to campus services and discounts around the city.
Plus, LaGuardia offers laptop loans and hotspots as well as distance learning resources to help you succeed online.
Check your Application Status
To check the status of your CUNY application, you’ll need to claim your CUNYfirst account. After submitting your supporting documents, please allow 3-4 weeks for the application status to update.
Explore Your Major/Program
Engage with Us
- Attend a one-on-one session or info session to find out more about LaGuardia.
- Follow us @LaGuardiaCC on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube to stay in the know.
- See how you can get involved through Campus Life at LaGuardia.
- Get a head start on the semester by completing the New Student Checklist, and watch your email for an invite to attend New Student Orientation!
- Bookmark the Campus Calendar so you can participate in all the events happening this upcoming year.