The Women’s Center is a collaborative resource for women’s rights and gender equity for students, faculty and staff. The Women’s Center is committed to leading with a social justice lens, offering support services, and developing programs, events and educational and empowering opportunities for those who identify as women.
We want to ensure that your interests and needs guide our programming and initiatives. Please complete this survey and share your thoughts so that we can learn more about you!
- Women’s rights and gender equity
- Domestic violence and sexual assault awareness education
- Women’s leadership and mentoring
- Advocacy, empowerment and social justice activism
- Healthy relationships and reproductive education
- Space for expression, support and connection
In-Person Support Circles
Ever feel like you’re the only one going through something? Join a Support Circle, which brings students together around a theme to express, connect, empower and build community. Guided by peers and group facilitators, themes include stress & overwhelm, social anxiety, isolation and loneliness, healthy relationships, and inner strengths and resilience. All are welcome.
Watch a segment about Support Circles that aired on LaGuardia’s radio station, WLGR.
Check the Events page for scheduled Support Circles.
In the event of an emergency, call 911
- NYC Mayor’s Office to Combat Domestic Violence
- Family Justice Center Alliance
- Anti-Violence Project
- New York State Office for the Prevention of Domestic Violence
Hotline: Text 844-997-2121 or call 800-942-6906 (English) or 800-942-6908 (Spanish)
- NYPD Sex Crimes Report Line: 212-267-RAPE (7273)
- Domestic Violence Support – NYC HRA
- Growing Up NYC
- Safe Horizon
Hotline: 800-621-HOPE (4673)
Rape Crisis/Sexual Abuse Hotline: 212-227-3000
- Mount Sinai Sexual Assault and Violence Intervention Program (SAVI)
- Day One