Random Testing Program and On-Site Testing
Learn more about CUNY’s COVID-19 Testing Sites.
To help contain the spread of COVID-19 in our community, the testing program includes periodic screening of a random sampling of vaccinated individuals across the University. The frequency of such testing will depend upon the coronavirus positivity rate and the prevalence of variants among other factors.
If you are selected for testing in a given period, you will receive an email from email@example.com with instructions:
- Complete your registration in Cleared4
- Submit a sample at a CUNY test site within 14 days, no appointment necessary
- Your test result will be available within 48 hours
You will retain your Access Pass to CUNY facilities until test results are posted to your profile and standard procedures are followed:
- If negative, you will retain your Access Pass.
- If positive, your Access will be removed and you will be contacted by a Coronavirus Task Force Liaison for guidance.
If you do not submit a sample within the 7-day period, you will be contacted by a campus or program representative on next steps determined by eligibility, on-campus requirements and other information.
If you have questions on the program, please contact www.adnas.com/CUNYhelp or your Campus Coronavirus Liaison or Local Vaccine Authority (LVA).
At this time, face masks are not required.
Anyone who would like to continue wearing face masks in any setting is welcome to do so at any time. Masks will continue to be available for use on campus.
Faculty, staff and students who are still not vaccinated are urged to continue to wear a mask. Mask requirements associated with isolation and quarantine remains in effect.
Those who choose to wear a mask should continue to follow CDC guidance on acceptable face coverings.Note, Employees who are required to wear protective PPE masks, due to the nature of their work, must continue to do so following all applicable OSHA standards.
CUNY will no longer require a proof of vaccine or recent negative test for visitors. CUNY’s campuses and buildings should return to their standard protocols for visitors.Please note that a visitor to a University campus is someone who is not a CUNY student, faculty or staff member. Students who are matriculated in either in person or hybrid courses are not considered visitors.Examples of visitors include, but are not limited to:
Review Spring 2023 Guidance
- vendors and other individuals coming to campus to perform activities related to a contract with or in support of the University;
- employees of related entities of CUNY including without limitation auxiliary enterprise corporations, colleges associations, and child care centers;
- unpaid college interns;
- community members and other individuals coming to a campus to use University facilities such as pools and gyms, or to attend activities on campus; and
- family members or friends of CUNY students, faculty, or staff.