Remain connected to a community that continues to nurture a culture of critical thinking, bold experimentation and the pushing of boundaries. Join us in shaping the next wave of innovation at LaGuardia.
- Communication – Join our LinkedIn network to find and apply to jobs that match your skills, and connect with people to advance your career.
- Programs – Continuing and professional education courses, student mentoring opportunities, and job and internship placements.
- Engagement – Alumni networking events, in-class presentation opportunities, and reunions
- Support – Philanthropic support for student scholarships, programs, and resources through the LaGuardia Community College Foundation.
LaGuardia alumni dare to do more by helping today’s LaGuardia students write their own future.
- Make a Gift – Alumni giving plays an important role in advancing the College’s legacy. Your gift provides support for scholarships and other essential resources, paving the way to success for today’s students and helping shape the next wave of innovation at LaGuardia.
- Career Advice – Current students can benefit from alumni experience when you partner with LaGuardia’s Career Services Center
Ways To Give
LaGuardia students are smart and hardworking but lack opportunities and face incredibly complex life challenges. It’s your support that levels the playing field for our high-need, new-immigrant and first-generation college students determined to succeed.
Scholarships and emergency funds for MetroCards and textbooks ease the financial burden so many of our students face while innovative programs like our, President’s Society, and Pushy Moms put our students on track for future success.
The F.H. LaGuardia Community College Alumni Association has been a vital part of the College since November 1977. It is a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to encourage and cultivate quality education, social activity, and good fellowship among the graduates of LaGuardia Community College, and to assist and promote the interests of the College. The association’ support comes through membership dues and donations as well as varied fundraising efforts.
Anthony J. Papas (Class of 1998)
B.A. Hunter College 2013
A.A. LaGuardia Community College 1998
CUNY Office Assistant, Department of Mathematics, Engineering & Computer Science, LaGuardia Community College.
Mr. Pappas has been a part of the LaGuardia family for many years now, graduating from Middle College High School in 1995 and receiving his Associate in Arts degree in 1998. Since then, he has remained a part of LaGuardia’s community as a staff member, working in several areas, including the Speech Center, Enrollment Management & Student Development, Admissions, and the Student Information Center. He currently works as a CUNY Office Assistant in the Department of Mathematics, Engineering & Computer Science. Mr. Pappas also represents the Alumni Association in the College Senate.
While attending LaGuardia, Mr. Pappas was involved in many activities throughout the campus. “My heart has always been with LaGuardia”, as a member of the Student Government Association and various campus-wide committees his work included working on the Middle States visit and various Search Committees. During his term in SGA, he participated in many worthwhile activities, including the establishment of the Student Lounge and the Raymond C. Bowen Scholarships, named after a former LaGuardia College President. As a student, he served on the College Senate for two years, becoming the first-ever student Vice Chair, and was a founding member of the LaGuardia Acting Company and the Center for Leadership. He became highly involved in the various student clubs & organizations on campus, including serving as the 1st Student Chair of the Student Advisory Committee(SAC). Throughout this involvement, Mr. Pappas found the time to volunteer with the College Bound program and other community service groups. His service to the Community continues today as he is currently Vice President of the East River Kiwanis Club and a Board member of the Astoria/LIC Kiwanis Club also serving as advisor to a local, K-Kids, Key Club and Circle K International club.