The mission of the Office of the Registrar is to house, maintain, and protect the confidentiality of student academic records, to provide the college with accurate academic information and support services, to monitor the implementation of and adhere to College’s, and CUNY’s policies, and to comply with all Federal and State regulations pertaining to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 and the rights of students.
- Maintain and manage registration, and build semester course schedules, and student official academic records, with appropriate sensitivity to privacy and confidentiality, in compliance with the laws and regulations governing these records.
- Provide administrative support to students as they work towards degree completion as well as certify them for graduation in a timely manner.
- Assist the Academic Standing Committee, Financial Aid, and Advising by gathering data about students failing to meet satisfactory academic progress.
When it’s time to register for classes, count on the Office of the Registrar to get you signed up. We make sure you can easily access your class schedule and academic records.
Advising provides you with guidance from the moment you step foot on campus to the day you graduate. Log into your My LaGuardia account to meet your advising team. All students with less than 30 credits must seek advisement before registering for classes.
Enrolled in First Year Seminar? Your professor will advise you during your first semester.
Live Virtual Registrar’s Office Assistance
If you need live assistance with the Registrar’s Office services (change of major, data change – address/ name/SSN, readmission & reinstatement, reverse transfer, change of grade, transcripts, enrollment verification, academic standing appeal, graduation evaluation, residency, general Allied Health candidacy questions, add/drop/swap classes, pre-requisite errors, general registration questions, CUNYfirst assistance, etc.) please visit the link below during the following time – Fridays 10 a.m.- 3 p.m.
For Virtual Office Assistance click here.
On-Campus Registration Lab (C-126)
If you need live assistance with registration (add/drop/swap classes, pre-requisite errors, general registration questions, CUNYfirst assistance, etc.) please visit us in Room C-126.
Registration Lab hours are: Monday – Thursday 9 am-5 pm
Assistance is also available via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Log into CUNYfirst to check your registration day and time
- View the Catalog, browse available courses, and learn about Learning Communities, Honors, and online/hybrid classes
- Log back into CUNYfirst to register
- Be sure to reference the academic calendar for important dates
Check the CUNYfirst Training Guides or visit the Live Virtual Registration Lab Assistance, for help.
Paying Your Bill
View your total due and your payment due date on CUNYfirst. If you have a remaining balance, find out more about payment options. Be sure to pay your bill on time to avoid losing your courses and having to re-register.
Need help? Visit the Financial Aid Resource Center in Room C-109 or Ask LaGuardia.
Certain situations — such as a change of name or address, appealing a grade or requesting consideration for in-city tuition — require you to submit a form to the Registrar’s Office. Find the forms you need below.
Mobile Devices and tablets require a PDF reader software program. To fill and sign on the go, please download the Adobe Reader mobile app. Click here to learn more information about this free app for iOS and Android Devices.
- Academic Appeal Instructions and Form
- Change of Data – SSN, DOB, Name, Address, Phone.
- Change of Major – Plan/Sub-Plan(Concentrations) List
- Change of Major – Instructions
- Change of Major – Fillable Form
- Class Grid with Club Hours
- Diploma Reorder Form
- Enrollment Verification Request
- FERPA – Release and Non-disclosure Forms
- Gender Change Request Form
- Intent to Graduate Form
- Official Withdrawal Form
- Preferred Name Request Form
- Readmission And Reinstatement Application – Online Form
Receive free, confidential immigration law services and resources through CUNY Citizenship Now!
Can’t find the right course or your course is closed? Take classes at other CUNY colleges with credits that transfer back.
- You must have a 2.0 cumulative grade point average or higher.
- You must currently be enrolled and in attendance at LaGuardia Community College. New students are not eligible to take a course on permit.
- The course must transfer back toward your LaGuardia degree. Please include both the host college course(s) and home equivalent course(s) on application.
- Note: You cannot elect to take course(s) for “Pass/Fail” or “Credit/No Credit” at the host college. A letter grade (A, A-, B+, etc.) must be awarded.
- You may not exceed 18 credits for Session I and 6 credits for Session II. This includes courses on permit and courses registered at LaGuardia.
- You may only take the course for which you have received permission.
- If your request is denied, you will be notified electronically of the reason for the denial.
- You must have no stops (negative service indicators) on your record.
- Non-degree students are not eligible to take a course on permit.
- All grades of courses taken on permit will be posted to your record and computed into your overall grade point average. Students receiving a failing grade (WU, F) for a course taken on permit will not benefit from the CUNY F-grade policy.
- Log into your CUNYfirst account.
- Navigate to Student Center > Self-Service > Other Academic
- Select Epermit option and the appropriate term from the drop-down menu. A separate permit should be created for each course.
- Select Add Epermit with equivalent courses only. Select the subject and the desired course.
- Click the Fetch Equivalent CUNY courses button. Select the course corresponding to the desired host college for ePermit request.
- Click Epermit Form on the bottom of the page to continue. Enter Permit type, indicate session and then submit. For Fall Session II (winter) permits, select the Fall term and check the Winter box. For Spring Session II (summer) permits, select the Spring term and check the Summer box.
To check the status of requested ePermits or to cancel an ePermit request, follow these steps:
- Log into your CUNYfirst account.
- Navigate to Student Center > Self-Service > Other Academic
- Select the Search Epermit option from the drop-down menu.
- All ePermits applied for are listed Initiated. Once approved, they will be listed as Approved. If rejected they will be listed as Denied.
- To cancel an ePermit request, find the course you wish to cancel and click the Cancel ePermit option.
LaGuardia has partnered with Parchment to safely and securely provide graduates with both a digital and physical diploma. An email will be sent from Parchment with a link to view, download and share your digital diploma, and a hard copy of your diploma will be mailed to the home address you have on file in CUNYfirst. Be sure to verify the name and address you have on file:
- To verify your address, go to the CUNYfirst Student Center, click on “Profile” and select “Addresses.” Click on the address listed if you need to make changes.
- Your name is listed at the top of your Profile (under “Personal Details”). If you need to change your name, please complete the Preferred Name Request Form and submit it to the Registrar at email@example.com.
For questions about the information printed on the diploma, email firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about diploma delivery, please contact email@example.com. If you need to order another copy of your diploma, complete and submit the Diploma Reorder Form.
What to Expect
Be sure to keep the following in mind:
- Your major will not be printed on your diploma.
- Certificates will not say “associate degree.”
- The name printed on your diploma will be the name you have listed in CUNYfirst.
- Your diploma will be mailed to your home address as listed in CUNYfirst.
- Please be patient – a printed copy of your diploma will be mailed a maximum of seven working days after you receive notification of your digital diploma.
Current and former students may request official copies or unofficial student copies of their transcripts. We cannot issue official copies to students; they are sent directly to colleges and employers. Unofficial copies are for your own records and can be printed within your CUNYfirst account.
Note: Transcript requests from the University Application Processing Center (UAPC) are only accepted online.
Parchment will send you an email to confirm your order. No official transcripts — only copies — will be sent to a student’s home address.
Need help with your transcript order? The best first step is to log into your Parchment account, then visit the Parchment Help Center, where you can
find answers to frequently asked questions and articles to support your needs.
You can also engage with ParchieBot, their intelligent chat function designed to answer your questions and provide order information.
From the Parchment Help Center, you can submit a web case for support or contact a Learner Support Representative for assistance. The Support
The team is available M-F, 8 am – 8 pm ET
You may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, EMPL ID, and date of birth. If you placed your order online, please include your order number in the email.