The Division of Adult and Continuing Education (ACE) Enrollment Management Services coordinates registration for all LaGuardia Community College continuing education students registering for tuition based courses. In addition, we provide information on all ACE courses and programs offered at the College.
Please note that enrollment in most of ACE’s grant-funded programs must be completed at the sponsoring program’s office.
HOW TO REGISTER
Phone and in-person registration assistance are available during regular office hours:
Mon – Thurs 8:30 AM – 6:30 PM
Fri – Sat 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM
You may also email email@example.com with any questions or for registration assistance.
Discounts and waivers apply to all courses except those designated ND.
Phone: (718) 482-7244
Mon – Thurs 8:30 AM – 6:30 PM & Fri – Sat 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT POLICIES
Payment is required at the time of registration and is made online. You may pay with a debit or credit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover).
- LaGuardia reserves the right to cancel courses due to insufficient enrollment.
- $20 will be deducted from refunds as shown below up to a limit of $40.
- Allow 4-6 weeks to receive refunds for payment made by check or cash. Allow two billing cycles for credit charges to reflect refund on monthly statements.
- Credit Card/Debit Card payments are refunded back to the original card used at time of purchase and may require the card holder payer to appear in person with a legal photo ID and payment card. Cash, check, or money orders are refunded by check and will be mailed out.
- Members of the military needing to withdraw from class at short notice will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
For courses under $299:
- 100% for courses canceled by the college/misadvised
- 100% with written request received 3 business days prior to the first class (minus $20 cancellation fee)
- 50% with written request received prior to the second week of classes (minus $20 cancellation fee)
For courses $299 and above or more than 50 hours of instructional time:
- 100% for courses canceled by the college/misadvised
- 100% with written request received 3 business days prior to first class (minus $20 cancellation fee)
- 75% with written request prior to completion of 10% of class hours (minus $20 cancellation fee)
- 50% with written request prior to completion of 20% of class hours (minus $20 cancellation fee)
100% refund for courses canceled by the college. The college reserves the right to cancel or withdraw courses from the catalog and to change course curricula and scheduling. The college also reserves the right to withdraw and substitute instructors.
ACE offers discounts to the following groups:
- 30% tuition discount is offered to LaGuardia Alumni Association members, LaGuardia undergraduates, senior citizens (65+ years), LaGuardia faculty/staff, and the families of LaGuardia faculty/staff.
- 30% tuition discount is offered to the children of LaGuardia undergraduates and to the children of LaGuardia faculty/staff.
- 50% tuition discount is offered to public assistance recipients.
- Only one discount can be applied per course. Discounts and waivers apply to all courses except those designated ND.
To receive a tuition discount, you must register in person no more than three working days prior to the start of the selected course and show appropriate ID. All discounted registrations are subject to space availability. Call (718) 482-7244 for more information.
LaGuardia reserves the right to withhold the privileges of class attendance, use of facilities and services, and access to certificates of completion from students delinquent with payments.
Classroom assignments are available in Room C-223 on the first day of class. The English Language Center posts its classroom assignments outside of Room C-354.
Some of our programs offer installment payment plans – for more info, call (718) 482-7244.
Tuition/registration fees do not include the cost of course materials to be used in classes/seminars, except where indicated.
If you are Deaf or Hard-of-Hearing, please contact Program for Deaf Adults at (917) 832-1207 (VP) or (718) 482-5324 (VP) or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your individual needs. Requests for accommodations must be accompanied by documentation of disability. Please submit requests and documentation four weeks in advance of class start date to help ensure that reasonable accommodation requests can be processed in a timely manner. For any other student accommodations, please contact the Office for Students with Disabilities at (718) 482-5279 or OSD@lagcc.cuny.edu.
STUDENT CONDUCT CODE
Academic dishonesty and disciplinary misconduct are prohibited in the City University of New York and are punishable by penalties ranging from a grade of “F” on a given test, research paper or assignment, to an “F” in the course, or suspension or expulsion from the College. Academic dishonesty includes cheating, plagiarism, Internet plagiarism, obtaining unfair advantage, falsification of records and official documents, and misconduct on internships.
Because academic dishonesty violates everyone who depends on the integrity of the College, its degrees, certificates and courses, the College has the responsibility of making every effort to maintain the highest standard of academic integrity and conduct.
All Continuing Education students are bound by the same academic integrity and disciplinary rules of conduct explained in the LaGuardia Community College Student Handbook.
Grievances and decisions are handled by the division’s Deans and Vice President.
Student Registration Training Materials
- Introduction to the Web Registration Module
- Xendirect Communication
- How to create a Registration Profile and Register
- How to Check Course Progress and Grades
- How to Access the Student Registration Features
- How to Access Resources
- Viewing Registrations and Invoices
- How to Complete an Evaluation
- How to Search and Register for a Course: New Students
- How to Search and Register for a Course: Returning Students
- How to Upload Documents
- Support – Using the Help Center
- How to Submit a Payment in Xendirect Web Registration
Continuing Education students are not eligible to apply for financial aid through the Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) but are encouraged to read through the options available on our Financial Support Services page.
You have the option of using a third party payer for most courses. You must provide a voucher from the business or organization confirming their intent to pay tuition.
Full refunds, minus a $20 cancellation fee, are available if you request a refund in writing three or more business days prior to the first day of class. Please read the Refund Policy in order to understand other options.