Budget & Financial Planning
718.482.5121 / 718.482.5532
Accounting & Accounts Payable
718.482.5515, 5723 / 718.482.5532
718.482.5525 | 718.609.2166
Phone: (718) 482-7226
Parking Lot Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday 6:30 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday Closed
Permits are sold on specific dates each year for annual parking as well as for each semester. In addition, limited quantities of daily permits are available to LaGuardia students, faculty and staff for $10.00 per day and/or $7.00 per evening (after 4PM). Daily Parking passes can be obtained at the 29th street between 47th ave and Skillman Ave.entrance only, by scanning the barcode of your current LaGuardia ID. Daily parkers are encouraged to arrive as early as possible to obtain a parking spot.
Parking on college property is permitted for college business only, and storage of vehicles on college property is prohibited. Permits may only be used by the individual who purchased the permit, and only with the vehicle associated with the permit. Should your vehicle information change, please contact the Bursar Office (C-110) to update the records.
What’s NewLyft, the mobile app ride-sharing service with its trademark pink mustache is offering LaGuardia students, faculty & Staff $25 to put toward their first ride. Download the Lyft app and enter code LAGCC. It’s that simple!
Parking Permit Sell Schedule
Parking Permit Type
Date of Sale
|Spring Session II (2023)||Jun 21, 2023 – Aug 27, 2023||Sold: Monday, May 22, 2023||$136|
|Annual (2023-24)||August 28, 2023 – August 27, 2024||Sold: Monday, Jul 24, 2023||$500|
|Fall Session I (2023)||August 28, 2023 – December 24, 2023||Sold: Monday, Jul 24, 2023||$238|
|Fall Session II (2023)||December 25, 2023 – February 28, 2024||Sold: TBA||$132|
|Spring Session I (2024)||February 29, 2024 – June 19, 2024||Sold: TBA||$224|
|Spring Session II (2024)||June 20, 2024 – August 27, 2024||Sold: TBA||$138|
Application Process and RequirementsInstructions to obtain a parking permit
|ANNUAL 2023 – 2024 PARKING PASS:||FALL I 2023 PARKING PASS:|
- LAGCC email address and ID card
- 8-digit CUNYfirst EMPLID number
- Ticket Leap’s RSVP ticket Confirmation Number
- Download and Complete the Parking Application Form
- 5-digit Parking Access Card ID # (on back of LAGCC Parking Access ID Card, after the *)
- Check or Money Order ONLY. Payable to “LaGuardia Community College Auxiliary Enterprises Corp.”
- There are 2 steps Application Process:
- “Reserve” your parking space online via the provided link on 7/24/23 at 10 am.& Obtain the “Ticket leap Confirmation Number”.
- “Pay In Person” within the designated location and time frame below:
- Location: The Bursar’s Window, room C-110
- Time: between 7/25/23 thru 7/27/23, from 9-5 pm.
- All parking passes are sold on a first come, first served basis. Once the limit is reached, registrants could reserve a spot on the “wait list” via the same Ticket Leap event link.
- Only come to Bursar’s Office to complete step #2 “in-person payment” after you have received a Ticket Leap RSVP confirmation number via email.
- Your RSVP will be VOID and the pass will go to the next person on the waiting list if you do not complete the in-person payment process by 5 pm on JULY 27, 2023.
Cash Payments will not be accepted as payment.
To save time, please print out and complete the parking application form before making your in-person payment.
For more information on Parking Operations at LaGuardia, call the Bursar at 718-482-7226.
The College’s parking lot is controlled by a computerized revenue control system that operates with conventional proximity access cards. The following policies and procedures are offered to help you properly use the equipment.
- There are 2 steps Application Process:
The parking access card is intended for use by only the person who is named on the account, featured on the access card and for the vehicle registered on the parking application regardless of who pays the parking fee. This is your personal account and parking privileges are not transferable to other individuals. Please note that at no time may more than one vehicle be in the garage in association with a single permit.
In each lane there is a small black rectangular projection with a red LED on the faceplate of the card reader stand. Simply position your card near the LED. You will hear a “beep,” the LED will flash green and the gate will open. If you have any questions while in an entry or exit lane, press the intercom button to speak with the attendant in the booth. Access card users are permitted to enter on 47th avenue and 29th street.
The computer system tracks your use of the access card and retains a record of the sequential usage at all times. An “in” must be followed by an “out;” the system will not permit two successive entries or two successive exits. If the card is not read upon each entry and exit, the system will reject the next attempted usage. Repeat violations of card usage may result in account termination.
Your access card is valid for unlimited “IN/OUT” usage as long as you remain in sequence with the control system, and as long as you keep your payments and information current.
DO NOT TAILGATE the car in front of you. Wait until the gate starts to close before scanning your card…NEVER drive through an open gate! Always scan your card, even if the gate is in the “up” position or if it has been broken or temporarily removed.
If there is a PROBLEM WITH YOUR CARD, inform the attendant. It will take only a few minutes to determine the problem and reset your card.
If you lose your access card, you must purchase a replacement card for $20.00 at the Bursar Office, C-110. The issuance of a new card to your account automatically invalidates the old card. You will need to show your driver’s license to purchase a new card as we can only sell the replacement card to the Account Owner. Card replacement fees are not refundable even if you discover the “lost” card.
If you forget your access card, parking lot staff must first confirm that the driver appears in the parking database before allowing the person to park for free. If the driver doesn’t appear in the parking database or their access card is “in,” the driver will pay the daily rate
If you forget your access cards more than 2 times within one semester, you will have to pay the 3rd time or any subsequent time after. Please remember to bring your access card everyday.
Non-permit holders can only enter the lot using 29th street. The entry lane will feature a barcode scanner, which will be labeled. Simply position your College ID Card underneath the scanner. You will hear a “beep,” and a “discount” ticket will be dispensed, which you will need. The LED will flash green and the gate will open. If you have any questions while in an entry or exit lane, press the intercom button to speak with the attendant in the booth.
Prior to leaving the parking lot, you will hand the attendant your “discounted” ticket and will pay for parking. You will then insert the validated ticket by the exit on 47th avenue. Please do not lose your ticket.
Visitor parking is extremely limited and will be considered on a first come, first served basis. Departments who would like to arrange parking for a visitor must fill out the online Visitor Parking Request Form, signed by the Division’s Dean or Vice President, and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 2 business days in advance. Requester will be notified whether their application was approved or denied. Any questions on Visitor parking, please call 718-482-5500.
Parking Refund will ONLY be granted for the following conditions:
- Class Withdrawals
- Leave of Absence
- Separation from Employment
- Change in Mode of transportation
To obtain a refund for a parking permit, please fill out the Parking Refund Application by clicking here and follow these instructions:
- Complete the application.
- *Write a letter to the Office of Finance and Business, briefly outlining reason for refund.
- **Go to the Bursar Office (C – 110) and request a copy of your parking receipt/proof of purchase.
- Bring the Completed application, letter, and other required documents to E-413, or email to email@example.com
- Documents will be reviewed and, if approved, a refund check will be mailed to the address provided on the application.
Check List of Required Documents:
- Completed Application
- Letter to Office of Finance and Business*
- Proof of Purchase **
- Who can purchase a LAGCC parking permit? ONLY currently enrolled students, and active CUNY-LaGuardia faculty and staff.
- Can someone reserve a parking space for me? Yes, the RSVP form must have your name, LAGCC email address & 8-digits CUNYfirst EMPID#.
- Can I ask my colleague to make the payment on my behalf? Yes, they need to have a check/Money Order, your completed parking application form, and the front & back copy of your college ID card.
- What is the daily parking rate for Employee and students? $10 per day and $7 per evening (enter after 4 pm), based on availability.
- What is the college’s parking website? Parking Operations
- What is the parking refund policy? Parking Permit Refund Policy and Application Form