All students, faculty and staff of LaGuardia Community College who park on campus are required to register their vehicle and have their LaGuardia ID validated for parking access. Permits are sold on specific dates each year for annual parking as well as for each semester. In addition, subject to availability, limited quantities of daily permits are available to LaGuardia students, faculty and staff for $10.00 per day and/or $7.00 per evening (after 4PM). Daily parking can be purchased at the parking lot booth. Daily parkers are encouraged to arrive as early as possible to obtain a parking spot.
Storage of vehicles on college property is prohibited. Should your vehicle information changed, please contact the Bursar Office window (C-110) to update the records.
Parking Permit Type
Date of Sale
|Annual (2022 - 2023) ||August 29, 2022 - August 27, 2023 |
|Sold: Monday, July 18, 2022 |
|Fall Session I (2022) ||August 29, 2022 - December 25, 2022 ||Sold: Monday, July 18, 2022 ||$238 |
|Fall Session II (2022) ||December 26, 2022 - February 27, 2023 ||Sold: Monday, November 28, 2022 |
|Spring Session I (2023) ||February 28, 2023 - June 20, 2023 |
|Sold: Monday, January 30, 2023 |
|Spring Session II (2023) ||June 21, 2023 - August 27, 2023 |
|Sold: Monday, May 22, 2023 |
See instructions provided to obtain a parking permit.
Application Process & Requirements
SPRING I, 2023 PARKING PASS:
- LAGCC email address and ID card
- 8-digit CUNYfirst EMPLID number
- Ticket Leap's RSVP ticket Confirmation Number
- Download and Complete the Parking Application Form
- 5-digit Parking Access Card ID # (on back of LAGCC Parking Access ID Card, after the *)
- Check or Money Order ONLY. Payable to "LaGuardia Community College Auxiliary Enterprises Corp."
- There are 2 steps Application Process:
- “Reserve” your parking space online via the provided link on 1/30/23 at 10 am.& Obtain the “Ticket leap Confirmation Number”.
- “Pay In Person” within the designated location and time frame below:
- Location: The Bursar’s Window, room C-110
- Time: between 1/31/23 thru 2/3/23, from 9-5 pm.
- All parking passes are sold on a first come, first served basis. Once the limit is reached, registrants could reserve a spot on the “wait list” via the same Ticket Leap event link.
- Only come to Bursar’s Office to complete step #2 “in-person payment” after you have received a Ticket Leap RSVP confirmation number via email.
- Your RSVP will be VOID and the pass will go to the next person on the waiting list if you do not complete the in-person payment process by 5 pm on February 3, 2023.
Cash Payments will not be accepted as payment.
To save time, please print out and complete the parking application form before making your in-person payment.
For more information on Parking Operations at LaGuardia, call the Bursar at 718-482-7226.
The College’s parking lot is controlled by a computerized revenue control system that operates with conventional proximity access cards. The following policies and procedures are offered to help you properly use the equipment.
Parking Permit Access Cards
The parking access card is intended for use by only the person who is named on the account, featured on the access card and for the vehicle registered on the parking application regardless of who pays the parking fee. This is your personal account and parking privileges are not transferable to other individuals. Please note that at no time may more than one vehicle be in the garage in association with a single permit.
Using the Card at the Gate
In each lane there is a small black rectangular projection with a red LED on the faceplate of the card reader stand. Simply position your card near the LED. You will hear a “beep,” the LED will flash green and the gate will open. If you have any questions while in an entry or exit lane, press the intercom button to speak with the attendant in the booth. Access card users are permitted to enter on 47th avenue and 29th street.
Access Card Sequence
The computer system tracks your use of the access card and retains a record of the sequential usage at all times. An “in” must be followed by an “out;” the system will not permit two successive entries or two successive exits. If the card is not read upon each entry and exit, the system will reject the next attempted usage. Repeat violations of card usage may result in account termination.
Your access card is valid for unlimited “IN/OUT” usage as long as you remain in sequence with the control system, and as long as you keep your payments and information current.
DO NOT TAILGATE the car in front of you. Wait until the gate starts to close before scanning your card...NEVER drive through an open gate! Always scan your card, even if the gate is in the “up” position or if it has been broken or temporarily removed.
If there is a PROBLEM WITH YOUR CARD, inform the attendant. It will take only a few minutes to determine the problem and reset your card.
If you lose your access card, you must purchase a replacement card for $20.00 at the Bursar Office, C-110. The issuance of a new card to your account automatically invalidates the old card. You will need to show your driver’s license to purchase a new card as we can only sell the replacement card to the Account Owner. Card replacement fees are not refundable even if you discover the “lost” card.
Forgot Your Card
If you forget your access card, parking lot staff must first confirm that the driver appears in the parking database before allowing the person to park for free. If the driver doesn’t appear in the parking database or their access card is “in,” the driver will pay the daily rate
If you forget your access cards more than 2 times within one semester, you will have to pay the 3rd time or any subsequent time after. Please remember to bring your access card everyday.
LaGuardia Non-Permit Parkers
Non-permit holders can only enter the lot using 29th street. The entry lane will feature a barcode scanner, which will be labeled. Simply position your College ID Card underneath the scanner. You will hear a “beep,” and a “discount” ticket will be dispensed, which you will need. The LED will flash green and the gate will open. If you have any questions while in an entry or exit lane, press the intercom button to speak with the attendant in the booth.
Prior to leaving the parking lot, you will hand the attendant your “discounted” ticket and will pay for parking. You will then insert the validated ticket by the exit on 47th avenue. Please do not lose your ticket.
Visitor parking is extremely limited and will be considered on a first come, first served basis. Departments who would like to arrange parking for a visitor must fill out the online Visitor Parking Request Form, signed by the Division’s Dean or Vice President, and e-mail it to email@example.com at least 2 business days in advance. Requester will be notified whether their application was approved or denied. Any questions on Visitor parking, please call 718-482-5500.
Parking Refund will ONLY be granted for the following conditions:
- Class Withdrawals
- Leave of Absence
- Separation from Employment
- Change in Mode of transportation
To obtain a refund for a parking permit, please fill out the Parking Refund Application by clicking here and follow these instructions:
- Complete the application.
- *Write a letter to the Office of Finance and Business, briefly outlining reason for refund.
- **Go to the Bursar Office (C – 110) and request a copy of your parking receipt/proof of purchase.
- Bring the Completed application, letter, and other required documents to E-413, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Documents will be reviewed and, if approved, a refund check will be mailed to the address provided on the application.
Check List of Required Documents:
- Completed Application
- Letter to Office of Finance and Business*
- Proof of Purchase **
There are two parking lots on the LaGuardia Community College Campus. Click Here to see a map.
Temporary closure of parking areas or roadways is a right of the college reserved for reasons of repair or safety.
- Who can purchase a LAGCC parking permit?
ONLY currently enrolled students, and active CUNY-LaGuardia faculty and staff.
- Can someone reserve a parking space for me?
Yes, the RSVP form must have your name, LAGCC email address & 8-digits CUNYfirst EMPID#.
- Can I ask my colleague to make the payment on my behalf?
Yes, they need to have a check/Money Order, your completed parking application form, and the front & back copy of your college ID card.
- What is the daily parking rate for Employee and students?
$10 per day and $7 per evening (enter after 4 pm), based on availability.
- What is the college’s parking website?
- What is the parking refund policy?
Parking Permit Refund Policy and Application Form