The Accounting Department is the custodian of the College’s non-tax levy related entities and provides effective accounting services. The non-tax levy related entities include:
- Fiorello H. LaGuardia Community College Alumni Association, Inc.
- Fiorello H. LaGuardia Community College Association, Inc.
- Fiorello H. LaGuardia Auxiliary Enterprises Corporation
- LaGuardia Community College Early Childhood Learning Center Programs, Inc.
- Fiorello H. LaGuardia Community College Foundation, Inc.
- LaGuardia Education Fund, Inc.
The Accounting Department also provides accounting services for various Adult and Continuing Education programs.
As custodian of these funds, the Accounting office is responsible for properly recording receipt and disbursements according to the guidelines of various by-laws. The Accounting office is responsible for monthly reconciliations of all bank accounts in a timely manner. The Accounting office also prepares and distributes monthly financial statements.
The Accounting office is also responsible for maintaining the books of record for all related entities in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). These entities are audited by independent Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) on an annual basis.
In addition, financial records are maintained for Tuition and Fees related to credit and non-credit bearing courses.
To contact the Accounting office regarding the above accounts, below is the list of staff members you can contact for information