Legal Issues for Small Businesses
When: Tuesday, February 04, 2020 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Where: B-Building, B-201
Learn about the Rules and Regulation Required by New York State Department of Labor and the Federal Government.
About this Event
Guest Speaker: Thomas Farrell
Thomas Farrell is a Business Lawyer with Broad Expertise in Contracts, Labor and Employment Matters, and Regulatory Compliance. Early in His Career, Thomas Practiced Corporate and Securities Law, Including Serving as General Counsel to Two NASDAQ-Listed Companies. Afterwards, Thomas’s Practice Included Regulatory Compliance, Licensing, HR Policies, and a Broad and Deep Range of Contract Negotiation and Drafting.
More Recently, He was General Counsel to a Niche Recycler in Eastern Long Island. With the Closing of that Business, Thomas has decided to Bring His Skills and Experience Closer to Home, Establishing a Solo Practice that’s Targeted to Small- and Mid-Sized Businesses.
The Workshop Will Cover:
- Regulations that are Enforced by the NYS Department of Labor
- NYS Tax & Finance Department Regulation
- Various Federal agencies - IRS, Federal Trade Commission, NLRB, etc.
- The “Ban the Box” Law
- The New York State Paid Leave Law
- The New York City Sick/Safe Law
- Sexual Harassment Prevention
Please Register for this event.