Getting a high school equivalency credential increases lifetime earnings by $331,000, according to the U.S. Census.
LaGuardia Community College offers many high school equivalency preparation programs, courses and services. Choose a program that fits your specific needs.
LaGuardia is also an official NY State Education Department Testing Center for the General Educational Development (GED®) exam, the high school equivalency examination for New York State. If you take high school equivalency preparation classes at LaGuardia, once you are ready to take the GED, we will assist you in registering the free exam at our testing center. If you wish to take the exam without taking classes, you may apply directly. Visit the High School Equivalency GED Testing Center for more information.
WHICH PROGRAM IS RIGHT FOR ME?
- I want to earn my high school equivalency diploma, but I need to develop my basic academic skills.
Visit: Adult Basic Skills
- I want to start a high school equivalency program in English during the daytime, evening, or on Saturday.
Visit: HSE in English
- Quiero tomar clases del equivalencia del bachillerato en español por la noche o los sábados
Visitar: Equivalencia del Bachillerato en Español
- I am Deaf or Hard-of-Hearing and want to earn my high school equivalency diploma.
Visit: HSE for Deaf Adults
- I am an out-of-school youth between the ages of 17 and 20 and want to earn my high school equivalency diploma.
Visit: Pathways to Graduation Program
- I am a father between the ages of 18 and 30 and want to earn my high school equivalency diploma.
Visit: CUNY Fatherhood Academy
- I have already taken classes and just want to take the high school equivalency exam.
Visit: HSE GED Testing Center
- I have already attended LaGuardia classes and earned my high school equivalency diploma. How do I continue my education at LaGuardia Community College?
Visit: the Career Development Center
Ways to Register
with payment by MasterCard/Visa/Discover/American Express.
C-Building, 29-10 Thomson Avenue, Room C223,
Long Island City, NY 11101
Monday through Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Friday and Saturday 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Cash payments must be made at the Bursar’s Office
(C-Building, Room C110)
Monday and Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday and Wednesday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Friday 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Discounts and waivers apply to all courses except those designated ND.