Due to challenges arising from COVID-19, the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) is suspended until further notice.
- CLEP tests available in 34 college-level introductory subjects
- Administered in state-of-the-art LaGuardia computer labs
- Offered year-round, every Wednesday at 6:00 p.m. in Room C-333
- Timed, 90 minutes long
- For a list of offered CLEP tests, click here.
HOW TO APPLY
- Step 1: Visit the College Board to register and obtain a voucher
- Step 2: Register for a testing date at LaGuardia Community College
What to Bring to the Test Center
You will need two forms of personal identification in order to be admitted. Primary: a government-issued photo ID card that bears your signature (e.g., passport, state-issued driver license, state-issued ID card). Secondary: ID with a photo and/or signature (e.g., Social Security card, military ID, student ID, credit card, employee ID). All funded military candidates must present a current military ID.
Please notify us one week prior to the test date if special accommodations (e.g., extended time) are needed.
CLEP test takers pay an $80 fee to the College Board for the exam. In addition, there is a $35 nonrefundable administrative fee that is paid to LaGuardia Community College when you register for a test date.
CLEP scores are shown immediately (with the exception of English Composition with Essay) with the official scores mailed from CLEP in approximately two weeks.
When you register for a CLEP exam with the College Board, you can indicate the college, employer or certifying agency that you want to receive your CLEP test scores. There’s no cost for the first transcript request; your College Board exam fee covers it.