LaGuardia Foundation ACE Scholarship

The LaGuardia Foundation offers scholarships to qualifying students in the Division of Adult and Continuing Education (ACE) who may be facing financial hardship that disrupts studies and training.


The ACE Scholarship provides partial tuition assistance to help you achieve your educational and career goals.


  • Reside in the tri-state area
  • Demonstrate financial need


You may receive more than one ACE Scholarship per year as long as you have not exceeded the annual or lifetime cap amount.

How to Apply

To find out which scholarships are available and to apply click here.

Award Amounts The ACE Scholarship award amount equals 80% of the course tuition. You are responsible for paying the remaining 20%. Selection Criteria You must demonstrate the following via your application submission:

  • Financial Need
    • Financial disclosure statement
  • Academic Merit
    • Likelihood to succeed in course
    • Commitment to coursework
    • Personal statement
Picture of a woman smiling
Mary Estela
The English Language Center

"I want to thank LaGuardia from the bottom of my heart for having given me the opportunity to receive this scholarship and keep learning this beautiful language. I'm pretty sure that my dreams will come true, and I'm really grateful for the awesome classes that this program provides me."

Applicant Notification

You will receive notification of your selection status via email.

Responsibilities If you are awarded an ACE Scholarship, you will be responsible for the following:

  • Writing a thank you note to our generous donors
  • Submitting a photo of yourself and signing a LaGuardia model release form
  • Periodically checking in with your ACE program to update staff on educational and career progress


If awarded, funds from your ACE Scholarship will be directly applied to your course tuition balance.

LaGuardia’s Division of Adult and Continuing Education sincerely thanks all of our donors for helping to make a difference in the lives of our students.

To find out how you can make a contribution to the ACE Scholarship, please visit

Additional Scholarship Opportunities

Continuing Education offers additional full and partial training scholarships through partnerships with community based organizations and other institutions. To find out which scholarships are available and to apply click here.

Continuing Education students may also be eligible for Emergency Assistance. Visit LaGuardia CARES for more information.