You will receive a practical business and management education delivered through a partnership between LaGuardia Community College and leading business schools. While enrolled in the program you will develop a customized growth plan for your business. At LaGuardia, we will give you an opportunity to explore and experiment – an environment in which you can discover the most efficient path to achieving your business goals.
The curriculum focuses on developing skills that you can apply immediately to address the issues most critical to growing your businesses, including:
- Identifying and evaluating business opportunities
- Understanding and managing the competitive business environment
- Analyzing financial statements and using them to make management decisions
- Accessing financial capital
- Leading a growing business
Peer learning is critical to the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses classroom experience and, as a result, coursework is highly collaborative and draws upon the real-world experiences of participating small business owners.
The program consists of 100 hours of instruction in addition to evening sessions that include HR, legal, financial and negotiations clinics as well as other business assistance activities.
To view a detailed description of the business and management education program, click here.
In addition to the classroom experience, the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses program will:
- Provide one-on-one and group advisory sessions to help you develop and implement your plan for growth
- Help you create growth by preparing your business to apply for financing
- Provide access to resources to help you focus on your most critical businesses issues and increase business capacity