Learning Communities are groupings of two or more courses, often surrounding a common theme. There are two types of Learning Communities, Clusters (consisting of three or more classes) and Pairs (consisting of two classes).
Learning Communities can help you:
- Make connections among courses
- Form a community with your classmates
- Work closely with faculty
- Be more successful in your courses
- Be more likely to stay in school and graduate
Continuing students are encouraged to select a Cluster or Pair in their second semester.
Recent Learning Community Themes include:
- American Cultural Identities in Poetry, Prose, Beats and Rhymes
- Technology, Power and Freedom: Building your Digital Identity
- Truth, Lies and Video
- Alienation and Inquiry
Review Liberal Arts Learning Communities for the current semester.