skip to main content
skip to navigation
LAGUARDIA COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Paying for College
follow us on Facebook
follow us on Instagram
follow us on Twitter
follow us on YouTube
follow us on Linkedin
follow us on Flickr
31-10 Thomson Ave.
Long Island City, NY 11101
LaGuardia Community College
LaGuardia Community College Logo
President’s Society gives the students the practical skills, the confidence and the connections they need to compete in today’s world. We started the program in 2012 and now have 200 President’s Society alumni.
President’s Society students are selected on the basis of demonstrated leadership, perseverance, and motivation. The President’s Society gives these students the real world skills and connections they need to confidently compete in today’s world. We began in 2012 with 20 students and in 2016/17 we plan to graduate 50 students from the program.
● Interviewing ● Resume Writing
● Social Skills ● Presentation Skills
● Meet with professionals from all walks of life
● Museums ● Music ● Dance ● Theatre
Represent the College at a range of functions
Support from speakers and companies like the ones below help students in the President’s Society receive a stipend and travel allowance to complete program activities, including attending networking events, completing study tours and internships, and participating in other activities designed to prepare them for the future.
Other Class Speakers and Supporters
● Alan Schnitzer: Chairman/CEO of Travelers
● Jessica Baird: VP, Social Impact at BlackRock
● Catherine Lapadula: Managing Director, UBS
● Robin Benet: Managing Director at Yves Durif Salon
● Cecilia Briones: Foundation Board member; Director of UBS AG, New York Branch
● Ann Diamond: Financial Counselor
● Tamar Howson: Principal, Howson Associates
● Drew Kerr: President and Founder of Four Corners Communications, Inc
● Elizabeth Lusskin: President of the LIC Pertnership and Executive Director of the LIC Business Improvement District
● Jon Masters: Principal at Masters-Rudnick & Associates, LLC
● Arturo O' Farrill: Latin Jazz Musician
● Gail Sheehy: Journalist, and Lecturer
● Joyce Siegel: Artist
● Marilyn Skony Stamm: Foundation Board Member; CEO of Stamm International
● Pamela Weinberg: Career coach and Personal Branding Strategist
● Con Edison
● JP Morgan Chase
● Morgan Stanley
● Goldman Sachs
● American Classical Orchestra
● Astoria Bank
● NBC News
President’s Society Ambassadors have transferred to the colleges below:
Baruch College - Zicklin School of Business
New York University
St. John's University
- Donate tickets to a cultural event for President's Society students or host a skills workshop at your venue.
- Share your professional expertise as a guest speaker/workshop leader.
- Motivate President's Society by sharing your wisdom and strategies for achieving success.
- Your support of the President's Society can expand the cultural, social and intellectual opportunities we offer students in our program.
- Provide students the opportunity to have hands-on work experience
To learn more about how to become involved with the President's Society, contact: