Thank you for your interest in LaGuardia TechHire – OpenCode (Network Administration). To start the process of applying, please complete the brief questionnaire below. To be eligible for this US Department of Labor funded program, you must:
This is a competitive program. In addition to the above requirements, you will need to pass a screening process, which includes a screening test and interview, to be accepted to the program. You must also attend an information session as part of the application process.
LaGuardia TechHire – OpenCode is part of a national study to determine if offering individuals skills training and extra support services will help them complete training and find employment in middle-high skill jobs. Support services and spaces in specific trainings are limited. Eligible applicants will be chosen by a computerized selection process.
1. How did you hear about the LaGuardia TechHire – OpenCode (Network Administration)? *
2. If you heard about this program through an organization, a library or through social media, please specify which organization/library/social media platform. If this doesn't apply to you, please write N/A.*
3. Are you interested in a career as a network administrator? *
4. Are you between 17 and 29 years old? *
5. Are you currently enrolled in college? *
6. Are you unemployed or currently working less than 30 hours a week? *
7. Do you have a high school diploma or high school equivalency diploma? *
8. Will you be able to attend a full time training program beginning June 2019? *
9. I can commit to the following training length:(Please select one) *
10. How would you rate your understanding of computers and the Internet? *
11. Please rate your keyboarding or typing skills on a scale of 1 to 5 with 1 being "I don't really know how to type", and 5 being "I'm a great typist." *
Please tell us about any experience you have with Information Technology, computer repair or networking. *