Grants awarded by EDIT cover costs incurred by LaGuardia faculty in designing and implementing professional development projects. These costs may include (but are not limited to) the following:
1.Travel expenses to conduct and/or present research and scholarship (e.g., archives, museums, special collections, conference presentations, and invited lectures)
2.Travel expenses for attending (not presenting at) conferences, workshops, or seminars that directly support a specific scholarship or research project
3.Travel costs specifically associated with faculty development research (e.g., to enhance an academic department/program’s pedagogy or professional development)
4.Expenses personally incurred by faculty to conduct research and scholarship (e.g., entrance fees for research sites, photocopying from archives or special collections)
5. Expenses personally incurred by faculty for projects that enhance their professional growth and development (e.g., in areas such as scholarship, academic effectiveness, and/or research skills and competencies; or artistic skills and competencies)
1. Applications must clearly demonstrate how professional development activities support faculty tenure and promotion, and/or the College’s strategic plan (available at https://wp.laguardia.edu/strategicplan/LAGCC-2019-2024-strategic-plan.pdf ). Include a brief narrative description that identifies specific ways in which your activities support tenure, promotion and/or the strategic plan.
2. Per diem requests will be granted only for conference presentations. The links for per diem rates are:
International: https://aoprals.state.gov/content.asp?content_id=184&menu_id=81 .
3. Due to the pandemic- all international travel must be pre-approved through the CUNY Travel Petition:
https://www1.cuny.edu/sites/global/wp-content/uploads/sites/11/media-assets/Petition-to-Travel-Form.pdf (domestic travel no longer requires this form).
4. EDIT does not fund the following: reassigned time, organization membership fees, purchase of equipment or other items such as (but not limited to) photocopying materials that can be submitted to our Print Shop, postage/shipping costs, stipends or services rendered by someone other than the applicant.