Making Outgoing Calls
- Lift handset and listen for the dial tone
- Dial "9" + 1+ Area Code + 7 digit number for calls within Brooklyn, Bronx, Long Island, Manhattan, Queens, Westchester, Nassau and Suffolk County areas.
Long Distance Calls:
- Dial "0" to reach the College Telephone Operator
- Specify if the call is Personal or Business related
- Provide the information needed
- The call will be released, once the connection is completed.
- Those with 3903 or 3904 phones have 4 or 12 lines respectively. However, the phone only displays 2 or 6 lines at one time. To see other lines available on your phone, or to pick up calls on those lines, you’d have to press SHIFT.
- The SHIFT key is located on the bottom right handside of your phone.
- If you have the smaller 3902 phone, there is a CWAIT key so that a second call may ring on your phone before going to voicemail.
- To return to a call previously placed in HOLD, simply press the corresponding Green or Grey key that the call is blinking on.
- Press the Goodbye key to disconnect from your current speaker phone call.
You can connect up to six people (5 others plus your self) to a conference call.
- With someone on the phone with you, press Conf. The button Conf and Trans buttons will only appear when you have someone on the line, not when the phone is idle.
- Dial the extension or phone number of the person you want to bring into the conference.
- When the person answers, they are the conference party, you then have two options.
- Swap allows you to toggle back and forth between the caller and the conference party.
- Connect bridges the caller with the conference party.
- You can release the call, effectively transferring the call to the new party.
You may pick up the call from other ringing telephones in your current office complex by:
- Lifting your handset
- Press the Pickup button to pick up the ringing call.
By default, the phones are not configured to allow you to forward your calls to your home or cell phone.
- Press the Forward button on your phone and your display will read “Enter forward number”.
- Dial the extension where you want to send your calls to.
- Press the Done button.
Check or Cancel Forwarding
- Press the Check FW button on your phone and the number where your calls are getting sent to will appear in the display.
- If you want to cancel the forwarding press the Cancl Fw button. If you want to leave the forwarding active press the Exit button.
- Dial number needed for the first call and connect, do not put the call on hold.Press conference key.
- Dial 2nd number needed in conference call; wait for answer and press connect key
- Repeat step 2 until up to the five maximum people allowed on a conference call.
College Telephone Exchange and In-House Extensions
- (718) 349 for extension numbers in the 4000's extension range
- (718) 482 for extension numbers in the 5000's, 6000's and 6100 extension ranges
- (718) 609 for extension numbers in the 2000's extension range
- (718) 730 for extension numbers in the 7000's extension range