NO CREDIT POLICY
Effective as of Fall I 2021
Students must meet the following requirements/guidelines:
- Students must continue attending the class, complete all assignments, and take the final examination. Only an earned failing grade (F) can convert to NC grade, with no credit awarded. No other grades are eligible under this policy.
- The option to take a course as NC grade will be offered to all students for a maximum of 4 credits, or 1 class. Non-credit bearing remedial classes will not be included in the NC grade option.
- Matriculated students with an NC grade already in their transcripts will not be able to use this option.
- The NC credits are counted towards enrollment but not counted towards students’ academic progress.
- An NC grade from College Now or Early College Initiative programs prior to matriculation at the college does not count towards the NC cap as outlined in 4.
- Faculty will submit their grades by following the LAGCC standard grade assignment chart. NC grade will be assigned administratively by the Registrar. Students must opt-in within fourteen days after the grade submission deadline for each session. Deadlines are published in the Academic Calendar. No special action will be needed by faculty.
Please note that the "NC" grade will not impact student’s financial aid and will not be calculated in the students’ Grade Point Average at LAGCC. However, when the student transfers to another institution, the "NC" grade may be treated as an "F" grade.
All clinical phase courses in Nursing, LPN, OTA, PTA, Rad Tech, and Vet Tech (course prefixes: SCL, SCO, SCR, SCT, SCV, SCX) are excluded.
Note: SCV101 is not in the clinical phase and thus not excluded.
Note: Students are strongly encouraged to consult with their Academic and Financial Aid Advisors before choosing the No Credit option.
Students must fill out the "NC Grade Request form" found below and email the form to NC Grade at NCgrade@lagcc.cuny.edu.