skip to main content
Paying for College
31-10 Thomson Ave.
Long Island City, NY 11101
LaGuardia Community College
We Prepare High Potential LaGuardia Students To Get Ahead In Life
President’s Society students are selected on the basis of demonstrated leadership, perseverance, and motivation. The President’s Society gives these students the real world skills and connections they need to confidently compete in today’s world. We began in 2012 with 20 students and in 2016/17 we plan to graduate 50 students from the program.
Interviewing ○ Resume Writing ○ Social Skills
Meet with professionals from all walks of life
Museums ○ Music ○ Dance ○ Theatre
Represent the College at a range of functions
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN NOW
Support from Santander Universities helps students in the President’s Society receive a stipend and travel allowance to complete program activities, including attending networking events, completing study tours and internships, and participating in other activities designed to prepare them for the future.
Other Class Speakers and Supporters
○ Robin Benet: Managing Director at Yves Durif Salon
○ Cecilia Briones: Faoundation Board member; Director of UBS AG, New York Branch
○ Ann Diamond: Financial Counselor
○ Kathy Halbreich: Associate Director at the Museum of Modern Art
○ Alberto Hamonet: Corporate Attorney at Akin, Gump, Strauss, Haur & Field, LLP
○ Tamar Howson: Principal, Howson Associates
○ Drew Kerr: President and FOunder of Four Corners Communications, Inc
○ Gary Kesner: Vice President of Silvercup Studios
○ Paula Kirby Managing Director of Plaxall, Inc
○ Dr. Gunter Kopcke: Professor of the Humanities at the Institute of Fine Arts
○ Amy Kopelan: President of Bedlam Productions Inc.
○ Elizabeth Lusskin: President of the LIC Pertnership and Executive Director of the LIC Business Improvement District
○ Evangeline Morphos: Producer and Professor of Film Studies at Columbia
○ Benedicte de Montlaur: Cultural Counselor of the French Embassy in the United States
○ Arturo O' Farrill: Jazz Musician
○ Frank Raffaele "Turtle": Coffeed's CEO and Founder, Founding Board Member
○ Chip Raymond: General Partner, Charles Raymond Consulting, Inc.
○ Suresh Sani: Foundation Board Member, Trustee of Sani Family Foundation
○ Lisa Selz: Foundation Board Member
○ Joyce Siegel: Artist
○ Ken Siegel: SVP, Loew's Corporation
○ Marilyn Skony Stamm: Foundation Board Member; CEO of Stamm International
○ Pamela Weinberg: Career coach and Persoanl Branding Strategist
- Donate tickets to a cultural event for President's Society students or host a skills workshop at your venue.
- Share your professional expertise as a guest speaker/workshop leader.
- Motivate President's Society by sharing your wisdom and strategies for achieving success.
- Your support of the President's Society can expand the cultural, social and intellectual opportunities we offer studnets in our program.
To learn more about how to become involved with the President's Society, contact:
Vice President for Institutional Advancement
LaGuardia Community College