Serving in Florida
- Discuss the monthly meeting
at the Hearthside with Phillip.
What are the author’s expectations? What is the manager’s
major complaint? How do the workers
- Do you think that those in low-wage
employment “crossover” to
the corporate point-of-view when
they become managers? Do you think
that management serves an important
function in a low-wage world? Is
there a way to manage well in the
minimum wage world?
- In the book, Gail buys lunch
for an out of work mechanic and
Barbara buys his dessert. Do you
think there is a considerable amount
the hat” in the low wage
- Barbara walks out on two jobs at this point in the story. What is your
opinion of her for this action? Is she justified?
- What do you think about the
author’s theory of unforeseen
expenses? How do you manage unforeseen
expenses? Name some of them.