Licensed Refrigeration Machine Operator Certificate Program
This 200-hour course is approved by the NYC Fire Department as a requirement for licensing for refrigeration machine operators, meeting the requirements of both class training and shop work. The course will cover maintenance and repair of compression and absorption refrigeration systems, and the safety precautions that should be observed in operating, maintaining and repairing refrigeration machinery. You will visit modern refrigeration facilities that manufacture and maintain equipment. This class includes training for EPA certification as a “Universal Technician.”
- Course content is certified and approved by NYC Fire Department for the National Association of Power Engineers (NAPE)
- Meets required 200 hours of class and field work required by the NYC Bureau of Fire Prevention
- Provides training for EPA certification as a “Universal Technician”
- The course is open to members of NAPE. Non-members must join at time of enrollment
This program is offered once a year in SPRING ONLY.
Safety Dyanmic Construction Course
LaGuardia Community College is partnering with Safety Dynamics, a full service safety, health and environmental consulting firm, to offer the following construction related courses. Safety Dynamics training curricula is approved by OSHA, NY State Department of Transportation and many New York City agencies, including Department of Buildings, Metropolitan Transportation Authority, Housing Authority, School Construction Authority and Department of Environmental Protection. You must register 2 business days before the course begins. Classes take place in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. ND=no discount.
- 4 Hour Flagging (NYSDOT)
- 4 Hour Scaffolding (NYCDOB)
- 30 Hour Concrete Safety Manager (NYCDOB)
- 40 Hour Site Safety Manager (NYCDOB)
- 10 Hour OSHA Construction Training
- 30 Hour OSHA Construction Training