High School Equivalency Certificate (TASC)
Prepare to take the new high school equivalency exam (Test Assessing High School Completion
or TASC) and start building your future! You will focus on reading, writing and mathematics,
and participate in career planning workshops presented by academic counselors. You’ll also
receive advisement on opportunities in certificate and college credit programs. The course is
open to those 19 years of age or older.
To apply, you must attend one of the placement exam dates below.
- Monday January 6 at 6PM, $20
- Wednesday January 8 at 6PM, $20
- Saturday Jan 11 at 10AM, $20
- 35 minute reading exam
- 20 minute math survey
- Writing sample
In order to enroll in the high school equivalency course, you must pass all three sections of the placement exam. If you've taken the high school equivalency (formerly G.E.D.) exam before, you may be exempt from placement testing. Bring your scores to the placement exam to find out or call (718) 482-7244 to speak to an advisor.
- Course fee can be paid by credit/debit card or money order.
- Placement test fee of $20 can be paid online at www.laguardia.edu/acereg/ or by money order.
If paying by money order, leave blank until completion of the placement exam process.
Books for all high school equivalency and pre-high school equivalency courses and scientific calculator must be purchased separately.
- Public assistance recipients – 50% discount (you must show benefit card)
- 65 years of age and older – 30% discount
- If you have taken the high school equivalency course in the last 6 months and need to retake it – 30% discount
For more information :
• New York State GED® Testing Office or
• Our web site: GEDTest Preparation or
• In person Room M143 - ACE Enrollment Management Office
• Call 718-482-7244