skip to main content
Paying for College
31-10 Thomson Ave.
Long Island City, NY 11101
LaGuardia Community College
President’s Society gives the students the practical skills, the confidence and the connections they need to compete in today’s world. We started the program in 2012 and now have 200 President’s Society alumni.
President’s Society students are selected on the basis of demonstrated leadership, perseverance, and motivation. The President’s Society gives these students the real world skills and connections they need to confidently compete in today’s world. We began in 2012 with 20 students and in 2016/17 we plan to graduate 50 students from the program.
● Interviewing ● Resume Writing
● Social Skills ● Presentation Skills
● Meet with professionals from all walks of life
● Museums ● Music ● Dance ● Theatre
Represent the College at a range of functions
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN NOW
Support from Santander Universities helps students in the President’s Society receive a stipend and travel allowance to complete program activities, including attending networking events, completing study tours and internships, and participating in other activities designed to prepare them for the future.
Other Class Speakers and Supporters
● Robin Benet: Managing Director at Yves Durif Salon
● Cecilia Briones: Foundation Board member; Director of UBS AG, New York Branch
● Ann Diamond: Financial Counselor
● Susan E. Skerritt: Global Head of ICM and Head of Global Transaction Banking Americas at Deutsche Bank AG.
● Kathy Halbreich: Associate Director at the Museum of Modern Art
● Maia Haimson: Vice President at Bank of America Merrill Lynch in the Global Equity Distribution Chief Operating Off○
● Alberto Hamonet: International Financial Advisor with Merrill Lynch Global Wealth Management.
● Alex Hodara: Founder Hodara Real Estate Group
● Fred S. Hodara: Corporate Attorney and at Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld, LLP
● Charles Holleran: Public Relations and Communications Executive
● Kathryn Holleran: Senior Business Transformation Lead at AIG Transformation Office
● Tamar Howson: Principal, Howson Associates
● Drew Kerr: President and Founder of Four Corners Communications, Inc
● Gary Kesner: Vice President of Silvercup Studios
● Paula Kirby: Managing Director of Plaxall, Inc
● Jon Kessler: Artist
● Dr. Gunter Kopcke: Professor of the Humanities at the Institute of Fine Arts.
● Amy Kopelan: President of Bedlam Productions Inc.
● Gail Landis: Board Chair of Pro Mujer International
● Elizabeth Lusskin: President of the LIC Pertnership and Executive Director of the LIC Business Improvement District
● Jon Masters: Principal at Masters-Rudnick & Associates, LLC
● Rosemary Masters: Founding Director of the Trauma Studies Center of the Institute for Contemporary Psychotherapy in New York City
● Evangeline Morphos: Producer and Professor of Film Studies at Columbia
● Benedicte de Montlaur: Cultural Counselor of the French Embassy in the United States
● Arturo O' Farrill: Jazz Musician
● Frank Raffaele "Turtle": Coffeed's CEO and Founder, Founding Board Member
● Chip Raymond: General Partner, Charles Raymond Consulting, Inc.
● Amra Sabic-El-Rayess: Senior Research Scientist in the Education Policy and Social Analysis Department at Columbia University’s Teachers College
● Suresh Sani: Foundation Board Member, Trustee of Sani Family Foundation
● Judy Seinfeld: Photographer and Jeweler
● Gail Sheehy: Journalist, and Lecturer
● Joyce Siegel: Artist
● Ken Siegel: SVP, Loew's Corporation
● Diana Simpson: Director of Management Information
● Marilyn Skony Stamm: Foundation Board Member; CEO of Stamm International
● Pamela Weinberg: Career coach and Personal Branding Strategist
● JP Morgan Chase
● Morgan Stanley
● Goldman Sachs
● American Classical Orchestra
● Astoria Bank
- Donate tickets to a cultural event for President's Society students or host a skills workshop at your venue.
- Share your professional expertise as a guest speaker/workshop leader.
- Motivate President's Society by sharing your wisdom and strategies for achieving success.
- Your support of the President's Society can expand the cultural, social and intellectual opportunities we offer students in our program.
- Provide students the opportunity to have hands-on work experience
To learn more about how to become involved with the President's Society, contact:
Vice President for Institutional Advancement
LaGuardia Community College
Take a look at photos of some of our recent events.