CUNY Community Health Worker (CHW) Training and Education Working Conference
Community Health Workers (CHW) help optimize the performance of community healthcare and social service centers.
In response to recent healthcare reform legislation, LaGuardia Community College held a conference to explore how schools can best implement CHW training programs and to discuss career pathways. The following links will connect you to the materials from the conference.
For more information please contact Dr. Sara Esfarayeni at 718-482-5031 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo Gallery and Video Clips
- Photo Gallery
- Video Clips
CHW Certificate Training Models and Best Practices Presentations
- Minnesota- Anne Willaert, MS , Minnesota State Colleges and Universities
- Ohio- Marry Kappasser, RN, Cincinnati State Technical and Community College
- Texas- Elizabeth Kelly, RN, PhD, Houston Community College
- Arizona- Donald Proulx, MEd, Arizona Area Health Education Center (AHEC) Program University of Arizona
- Arizona-Thomas Kirsch, MC, LPC, South Mountain Community College
- California-Tim Berthold, MSPH and Alma Avila, MPH, City College of San Francisco
CHW State Certification
No CHW State Certification